SepFast 16 mm ID 40 ml column
填充树脂体积为2 ml/cm床高。柱材料对大多数常用试剂表现出优异的耐化学性（见下面的化学兼容性表）。建议的工作压力最高为3 bar（42磅/平方英寸）。
Packing the column：
• The bottom End Plug has been fully inserted inside the column body on delivery.
• Carefully remove the top End Plug that is partially inserted in the column body. Avoid direct contact of the mesh with the column wall.
• Screw a 10-32 male thread / female luer connector (not supplied) to the End Plug. Keep the open side of the column upward and vertical. Hold the column by hand or to a stand.
• Use a syringe (20 ml or 50 ml syringe depending on the packed volume) pre-filled with 2 – 5 ml of water (buffer) to fill the column to a level of 1 – 2 ml. This step is to purge the air in the End Plug. Keep the syringe in place.
• Shake to mix the resin well. Pour or pipette the resin slurry in. Suck the bed down with the syringe. The level of the packed resin can be clearly seen. The bed permeability decreases with the increase of bed height. If the syringe is fully filled, discharge the liquid and reconnect the syringe to the End Plug. Be careful not to dry the bed during the packing process. Pour or pipette in more slurry or water (buffer), or pipette out more slurry until the packed volume (under suction) reaches the desired level. Note: the compressibility depends on the type of resin. As a guide, the packed volume should be 10% to 25% more than the final target volume for agarose-based spherical particles.
• Keep the syringe in place. Be sure that there is at least 5 ml space not filled in the syringe. Pipette water (buffer) in to top off the column. Carefully insert the top End Plug (to avoid trapping of air bubble). Push it down slowly until the double O-rings fully get into the column body. Screw a Stop Plug to seal the top. Push the End Plug down until it is fully engaged in the column body.
• Remove the 10-32 male thread / female luer connector and the syringe. Screw another Stop Plug into the bottom End Plug. The column is now ready for short-term storage.
• Depending on the nature of individual resins, this step may be operated to further settle the particles in the bed. Pre-fill a syringe with liquid (ideally the same liquid as the one in the column). Insert it to a 10-32 male/luer female connector and purge out any air in the flow path. Remove the top Stop Plug. Attach the pre-filled syringe to the top End Plug (be sure that no air is trapped in the flow path). Remove the bottom Stop Plug. Push through at least 5 bed volumes of liquid under pressure (e.g as fast as possible) by hand. Seal the bottom with a Stop Plug. Disconnect the syringe and then seal the top. This step can also be done by connecting the column to a chromatography system (such as AKTA). Pump through 10 bed volumes of equilibration buffer at a flowrate at least 30% higher than your operational flowrate. Be sure the back pressure is always under 3 bar.